Saturday, October 18, 2014

Art Journal Odds & Ends

I am participating in a few art journaling groups. Well, maybe I should say I am following them since I don't always do art to go along with the prompts and challenges. But I do read them and keep up with them! I am structured and organized in most of my world, but in art journaling and creativity I am of a just-go-with-the-flow type of a girl. I think it's my alter ego! Anyway, on to the art:

The Documented Life Project is one group I can definitely say I am participating in! My most recent pages:

Week 37 challenge: use a white pen prominently on your page

Week 39



Week 40 - Only 12 weeks left of the year.Yikes!



Week 41 challenge: Polka Dots

Front of my October divider page

Back of my October divider page

Shonna Bucaroff did a five week faith art journaling group that just ended. I have finished two of the five challenges: 



I tried a scotch tape transfer with the dictionary definition that I saw on Pinterest.

And I think I mentioned before that I won a spot in the 2014 Made Course. There are numerous teachers who each teach a week ling class over a 3 month period. Great teachers challenging us in our faith and art! I have been doing more following and reading here than actually participating, but I can go back and dig into the lessons at any time. My retreat pages from yesterday's post were actually from one of the Made classes. We used pages from a book to cut out messages.



Now, I want to let you know about a group coming in November that is being offered by a few friends of mine. Pause, Ponder & Prepare is a free group with studies and art techniques based on Advent. They are starting it in November in order to give us time to engage in the Advent season at a time when we are less rushed. Click on the link above and check out what Bernice and Diane are offering.

I hope you enjoy your weekend and make time for some art! Our colors here seem almost at peak, so I'm looking forward to experiencing the best of Autumn in the coming weeks!


4 comments:

  1. I just love seeing your art work. It's so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am in awe of the sheer number and quality of pages you produce - they are beautiful and I especially love the hallelujah ones.

    ReplyDelete